Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Quick Greeting

Hey folks!

First, let me thank you all for stopping by my newest blogging venture and allow me to  give a brief explanation on what to expect in this neck of the blogging woods.

I'm a Philadelphian born and bred. For thirty-nine years now this has been the only city to which I've called home and couldn't be happier to have done so.  My city is a great (though sometimes overly fickle) sports town.  We've got incredible restaurants and other edibles that have absolutely no relation to soft pretzels or cheese steaks.  The arts are very much alive and well here.  Our museums are top notch and there is just always something going on, more so if you know where to look...and yes, I totally know where to look!

This blog title is very much a play on words despite my being a complete and utter Philly-phile.  Most of the time I'll be writing about things I love here in Philly (and some surrounding east coast spots).  Sometimes I'll even jot down a word or two about things I certainly do NOT love about my city.  But what you'll get here are pieces, reviews and opinions on all things sports and entertainment, nightlife (drinking/dining) and general Philly-based culture. 

CULTURE. Yeah, we've got some of that. 

Getting back to the play on words, I tend to hear the theme to the "X-Files" whenever I think of the name PHILLY PHILES.  Don't ask why becuase I don't really know myself. I just get a kick out of the mock dramaticism it brings to the table.  If you don't know the music I'm talking about, click HERE and it'll open in a new window. So, to this effect let us consider each entry into this blog as a file. Then as I said above, most will be about Philly.  Finally, Philadelphians like to intentionally misspell and mispronounce words.  We enjoy spelling similar sounding words with "PH" (see Phillie Phanatic) just as much as we enjoy calling the ACME supermarket chain the "AC-A-ME." Don't know why, but we do these things.

So there you go! Philly-centric entertainment with a sometimes off-kilter perspective. Just how I like it.

Come back often and don't be afraid to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment